Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Blackout

On Thursday, there was a planned blackout in our neighborhood (Lance aux Epines). Apparently they needed to work on something at the power plant. So, from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. we didn't have electricity. Yes, this is Grenada. We just don't ask questions anymore. Anyway, this meant no lights, no air conditioning, no microwave, no computer, etc. Our water pump was shut off as well, because it runs on electricity. So we had no water. It was an overcast day, which made the apartment extra dim. I couldn't see well enough to do my daily house cleaning. And I was hot and sweaty by noon with no AC. It was kind of miserable, so I decided enough was enough. I packed up Tanner and the stroller, and we went to the mall. This is a picture of him hanging out at the food court while I read a book. It wasn't a very exciting or adventurous trip, but at least there were lights and AC! We had a good time. (Josh was saved because he was on campus for most of the blackout. It didn't affect campus.)

1 comment: